Definitions: in the following terms and conditions
‘the Company’ refers to Select Coach Hire Ltd and any brands or identities it may trade under.
‘the customer’ – Indicates a reference to You, Your Travelling Party, and any persons associated with Booking.
Other definitions will be defined as and when they are used.
1. By placing a booking with ‘the company’, ‘the customer’ is confirming they have read, understood and agree to abide by the following published Terms and Conditions (Sections 2-22). Please ensure you ‘the customer’ have read and fully understand them prior to placing a booking with ‘the company’.
2. By asking ‘the company’ to confirm ‘the customer’ booking, ‘the customer’ is accepting that the terms of this Agreement, which incorporate the information, restrictions and obligations detailed herein. ‘The customer’ thereby agrees to abide to the entire agreement between ‘the company’ and ‘the customer’ with regard to ‘the customer’ booking and your travel arrangements. ‘The customer’ also consents to our processing personal information about ‘the customer’ and other members of ‘the customer’ party, should this be provided to us.
3. ‘The customer’ contract with ‘the company’ is subject to the laws and jurisdiction of England and Wales. ‘The customer’ may however choose the law and jurisdiction of Scotland or Northern Ireland if ‘the customer’ wishes to do so, due to ‘the customer’ main residency presiding to one of these countries.
4. All bookings must be paid in full no later than 14 days prior to travel by ‘the customer’. All bookings must be made by, and under the name of, the Card holder or their authorised representative ‘the customer’, who will be named as party leader. ‘The company’ must speak or have written authorisation from the Card holder to confirm identity prior to any payment being taken by ‘the company’. We may also request ‘the customer’ year of birth ONLY, prior to ‘the customer’ booking being accepted.
5. ‘The company’ reserve the right to refuse or terminate a booking should ‘the company’ believe a booking has been placed using deceptive or fraudulent means, and additionally to instruct relevant authorities to deceptive methods used to obtain products or services with ‘the company’ or our AGENT(s) by ‘the customer’ or any member of ‘the customer’ party.
6. A booking will not be deemed confirmed by ‘the company’ unless a deposit or the full amount has been paid by ‘the customer’ when due. We also reserve the right to cancel any booking which is not fully paid within 14 days of the first travel date unless prior written agreement has been given by ‘the company’. Any deposit paid will be forfeited.
8. ‘The company’ will not be held responsible for financial or personal loss to ‘the customer’ or ‘the customer’ group in the event of mechanical failures and events beyond ‘the company’ control. Events beyond ‘the company’ control include (but are not limited too) war, threat of war, riots, civil disturbances, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural and nuclear disasters, fire, epidemics, technical problems with transport including changes due to rescheduling or cancellation of hire by ‘the company’ or one of ‘Our’ AGENTS or alteration of the vehicle or vehicle type for reasons beyond ‘the company’ control or that of our AGENTS and SUPPLIERS; closed or congested roads, villages, towns and cities, hurricanes, other actual or potential severe weather conditions (whether materialised or not), and any other similar events. Whether this effects timings of pick-ups and/or cancellation of the hire by ‘the company’ AGENT or SUPPLIER at immediate or limited notice to ‘the customer’, whether ‘the customer’ hire period has indeed begun or not.
9. Should ‘the customer’ specified vehicle not be available, ‘the company’ will endeavour to match or exceed ‘the customer’ booked vehicle with an equivalent or better model. ‘The company’ are unable, therefore to guarantee any specifications to vehicles, including (but not limited to); interior features, possible decorative themes, amounts of inclusive beverages and colour scheme (including body colour) of ‘the customer’ vehicle.
10. Cancellation by ‘the customer’:
Cancellation’s will only be accepted via Telephone Conversation with ‘the customer’ (the named Party Leader) and must be confirmed in writing to ‘the company’ by letter or email from ‘the customer’. These charges are based on how many days before ‘the customer’ booked travel date ‘the company’ receive ‘the customer’ cancellation notice. These charges are a percentage of the total cost of ‘the customer’ booking – ‘the customer’ deposit is retained on any cancellation, however the % payable will be based upon the total amount originally quoted including the deposit.
• More than 30 days Loss of Deposit Only
• 29 – 22 days 25% of Total Booking Cost
• 21 – 15 days 50% of Total Booking Cost
• 14 – 8 days 75% of Total Booking Cost
• 7 – 0 days 100% of Total Booking Cost
IMPORTANT CHANGES TO OUR BOOKING POLICY WITH EFFECT FROM:
Due to market forces the price of fuel is currently liable to sharp increases which may affect the final price we have to charge for your journey.
If between the date of your quotation/booking and the date of travel increases occur, the price may need to be amended accordingly.
Booking Cancellation or Postponement Due to Covid Rules
If you need to cancel or postpone your booking with us due to new Covid Restriction Rules being introduced and we are notified in writing within 7 days of your first travel date, your deposit and any additional payment that has been made will be held on account for you to use against a future booking with us.
Any notification received in writing for Cancellation of travel with less than 7 days notice will unfortunately result in no refund as per our standard terms and conditions as above:
Amendments to ‘the’ booking are permitted no later than 7 days prior to hire. An amendment is classed as a change to your original booking, requiring a new booking confirmation to be issued by ‘the company’. Please note that in some instances, a Major Change (such as dates, times and changes by ‘the customer’ to the vehicle hired) will be classed as a Cancellation, and our Cancellation policy (Section 9) will apply accordingly. An Amendment Fee is charged for each amendment made to ‘the customer’ booking. An amendment fee will be charged in addition to any amendment costs resulting in an increase or decrease of the cost of hire.Please note that any amendments MUST be made prior to your booking. Amendments will be subject to availability. Should we be unable to proceed with an Amendment, and you wish to cancel your booking, our standard cancellation policy will apply, in line with your original booking.
• Change of Pick-Up Address £5.00
• Change of Destination Address £5.00
• Change of Pick-Up Date £5.00
• Change of Return Date £5.00
• Change of Pick-Up Time (Same Day if possible) £10.00
• Change of Drop-Off Time (Same Day if possible) £10.00
• Change of Pick-Up Date & Time (Alternative Day) £25.00
• Change of Return Date & Time (Alternative Day) £25.00
• Change in number of Passengers £5.00
• Change in number of Passengers & Change to Vehicle TYPE booked (Resulting in upgrade to Vehicle Size / Specification) £25.00
• Change in number of Passengers & Change to Vehicle TYPE booked (Resulting in downgrade to Vehicle Size / Specification) £25.00
• Change to Vehicle Type (Upgrade Vehicle Size / Spec) £10.00
• Change to Vehicle Type (Downgrade Vehicle Size / Spec) £25.00
12. ‘The company’ reserve the right to change the vehicle requested for hire by ‘the customer’ at any time. This includes (but is not limited to) the colour and the style of the vehicle (including model type). ‘The company’ will only do so if we feel the requested vehicle is unfit to carry ‘the customer’ and ‘the customer’ party and will do our best to replace the vehicle with an identical model; however we cannot guarantee to do so. By placing a booking with ‘the company’, ‘the customer’ is confirming that they accept this policy, and ‘the company’ will not be held responsible for claims regarding this policy by ‘the customer’ against ‘the company’.
13. Refunds: All agreed refunds will be made within 24 hours via the method the original payment was made.
14. Use of prohibited substances and smoking in any of ‘the company’ operator vehicles is banned at all times. Should our drivers become aware of any such transgressions from ‘the customer’ or ‘the customer’ travelling group, ‘the company’ or our operator will reserve the right to cancel the hire with immediate effect and eject all passengers at the first safe place to do so. ‘The company’ will not be held accountable for any resulting travel costs and will inform relevant authorities; passing on relative booking details for breaches of UK Law. This includes the Smoking Law in the UK. ‘The customer’ indemnifies ‘the company’ to do so, by agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.
15. Any damage caused to the vehicle by ‘the customer’ or any member of ‘the customer’ party shall become the sole responsibility of ‘the customer’. Any costs associated with repairs and damage must be paid by ‘the customer’ in the time frame agreed upon with the operator. An additional daily charge may be imposed should the vehicle be taken out of commission. A daily hire rate effective to that vehicle will be imposed. Criminal Damage may be reported to relevant persons/authorities, should ‘the company’ feel this is necessary.
16. If ‘the customer’ has a complaint about your arrangements whilst travelling, ‘the customer’ must immediately notify the Operator of the service in question locally. If Our Operator is unable to resolve the problem immediately, and a member of ‘the company’ staff is not available, ‘the customer’ should contact us as soon as possible by telephone and ‘the company’ will endeavour to assist. ‘The company’ Customer Service office hours are (9.00am until 5.00pm Monday – Friday). ‘The Company’ offices are unable to assist with this type of enquiry on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays. If ‘the customer’ is still not satisfied on their return, ‘the customer’ must write to ‘the company’ Customer Service Department at the address given at the end of these Terms and Conditions, or email us by replying to ‘the customer’ original booking, within 7 days of returning from ‘the customer’ travel date, to allow ‘the customer’ complaint to be investigated by ‘the company’ properly. Please write your booking reference number on ‘the customer’ letter or e-mail, and include your daytime and evening telephone numbers. Failure to supply any part of this information will result in ‘the company’ dismissing ‘the customer’ complaint. If ‘the customer’ does not give ‘the company’ or Our Operator the opportunity to resolve any problem locally by reporting it to Our Operator (during the hire period), then ‘the company’ may not be able to deal positively with any complaint on your return, and dismiss any request from ‘the customer’ for refunds and/or compensation.
16.1. Any complaints regarding the condition of the vehicle supplied, Driver or it’s facilities must be supported by photographic and or video evidence.
16.2. Standard compensation amounts will be paid as below in the event of a proven vehicle/service failure provided that the customer is not in any breach of the terms of this agreement:
|Vehicle Late Pick-Up
|Up to 45 minutes
|46 – 90 minutes
|10% of booking value
|91 – 180 minutes
|15% of booking value
|181 – 300 minutes
|25% of booking value
|Vehicle no show (Single leg journey)
|Vehicle fails to arrive to collect passengers and passengers make other arrangements
|Vehicle no show (multi-leg journey)
|Vehicle fails to arrive to collect passengers and passengers make other arrangements for specific leg of journey
|Refund of charges relating to affected leg of journey
|Vehicle does not have working toilet or toilet is not accessible and this was detailed in the booking confirmation
|10% / £40
|Vehicle does not have working air conditioning and this was detailed in the booking confirmation
17. ‘The company’ accept no responsibility to Our Operators claims on number of passengers being carried in a vehicle. Any comments made by Our Operators will be classed as a personal opinion and will not represent the views of ‘the company’. ‘The company’ will select a vehicle based on the number of passengers that ‘the customer’ has booked and to which it is designed for.
18. Driver’s Hours and rest periods are strictly regulated by law and the Customer accepts responsibility for timings agreed at confirmation of booking. The Customer accepts that neither they nor their passengers shall delay or interrupt the journey in such a way as to cause the Driver to breach Driver’s Hours regulations and must adhere strictly to all collection times contained in the Booking Confirmation. If any breach is likely to occur the ‘Customer’ agrees to pay any additional costs incurred. Drivers must take a rest break after 4hrs 30 minutes driving and this break must be at least 45 minutes in duration. The driving time starts from the time leaving the depot and not the arranged pick-up time.
18.1. If delays occur for whatever reason, the Company may take whatever action is deemed necessary in order to comply with the law. In the unlikely event of a delay the Company cannot be held responsible for any losses arising as a result of those delays or non-performance of the services unless they are due solely to the negligence of the Company.
18.2. The Customer cannot assume the use of the vehicle between outward and return journeys nor will the vehicle remain at the destination for the Customer’s sole use unless this has been expressly agreed in writing by the Company. The Company reserves the right to levy additional charges for timings or mileage over and above the original agreement on a pro rata basis as confirmed to the Customer at the time of booking.
18.3. The Customer hereby acknowledges that no luggage may be left on the vehicle unless specifically agreed with the Company.
18.4. Should the Customer be late for any pickup as set out in the Booking Confirmation the Customer will be liable for any additional costs incurred by the Company in providing the Service.
18.5. Where the booking is from an airport and the Customer has provided a scheduled arrival time, the scheduled pickup time for the booking will be adjusted by the Company to allow 45 minutes for the passengers to disembark the flight, reclaim luggage and clear customs.
18.6. A driver will wait for a maximum of 30 minutes from the scheduled time of pick up or such shorter period as may be determined by the Driver that will adversely affect his/her Driver’s hours. Should the Customer not have arrived for pick up within this period the Company shall be relieved of any obligation to provide the service and shall have no liability to the Customer for any costs incurred by the Customer in completing their journey.
19. Conduct While Travelling. ‘The company’ and Our Operator reserve the right to refuse to accept ‘the customer’ or continue dealing with you as a customer, if you or any of your groups behaviour is disruptive, or should ‘the customer’ any member of your group appear to be under the influence of prohibited (or licensed) substances causing a detrimental effect on you or any member of your party. Additionally racially aggravated, Sexist and other derogatory comments and behaviour will not be tolerated under ANY circumstances. If a driver deems any person(s) travelling in ‘the customer’ group to be posing a danger, or act in an inappropriate manner to Our Operators employees or indeed any vehicle belonging to our Operator, or any other member of ‘the customer’ group, Our Operator reserves the right to terminate the booking with immediate effect at the safest point to do so. They may also be instructed to do so by ‘the company’ office, should such advice be sought by Our Operator, or their employees. No refund will be given in these circumstances and ‘the company’ cannot be held responsible for any associated costs incurred by ‘the customer’ or ‘the customer’ group. No correspondence will be entered in to by ‘the company’ or Our Operator should this situation arise. This additionally applies prior and post travel including threatening or abusive behaviour towards ‘the company’ staff or Supplier, on the telephone, in writing or in person. If ‘the customer’ or any member of ‘the customer’ party are disruptive and this means you or members of your group are not allowed to board the vehicle outbound from your pickup, we will treat ‘the customer’ booking as cancelled by ‘the customer’ from that moment, and ‘the customer’ will have to pay full cancellation charges (see section 7). If this occurs at the destination point then ‘the customer’ will become responsible for their own return home and any other members of ‘the customer’ group who cannot or will not travel without ‘the customer’. In any circumstance mentioned in section 15, NO refunds or compensation will be paid to ‘the customer’ or ‘the customer’ party and additionally, ‘the company’ may make a claim against ‘the customer’ for any costs and expenses incurred as a result of your or any member of your parties behaviour e.g. the cost of diverting the vehicle for you or your party. Criminal proceedings may also be instigated by ‘the company’ against ‘the customer’.
20. ‘The company’ recommend adequate insurances are in place for events and special occasions booked by the customer. Therefore ‘the company’ recommend ‘the customer’ speak to their Insurance Advisor to ensure adequate cover is arranged for their event / occasion. ‘The company’, Our suppliers and STAFF are not authorised to discuss relevant insurance options with ‘the customer’, nor do ‘the company’ offer this type of insurance, and are unable to offer guidance on obtaining cover.
21. ‘The company’ reserve the right to alter or amend these terms and conditions at any time. Should ‘the company’ decide to do so; ‘the company’ will e-mail these changes to ‘the customer’ no less than 10 days prior to ‘the customer’ travel date. ‘The customer’ has 7 Days in which to raise an objection to the amendments. Should ‘the company’ not receive a reply from ‘the customer’ then ‘the company’ will assume ‘the customer’ has accepted our new Terms and Conditions, and no correspondence will be entered in to.
22. Terms used within ‘the customer’ booking may affect they type of hire YOU have booked. Unless indicated upon ‘the customer’ booking form, any requests made at the time of booking must be detailed on ‘the customer’ confirmation. If something appears to be incorrect, or indeed missing, then please reply to ‘the customer’ booking confirmation E-mail with the correct details.
23. No part of these Terms and Conditions affects ‘the customer’ rights as a consumer. These Terms and Conditions are in addition to ‘the customer’ rights as a consumer.
The vehicles are subject to statutory safety restrictions on the carriage of luggage and the Driver has sole authority to decide whether the property is suitable to be carried on that vehicle.
Whilst The Company will take all reasonable care with passenger’s property it cannot accept liability for any damage to, or loss of that property being carried on the vehicle and the Company strongly recommends that no valuables should be left on the vehicle at any time, even if that vehicle is locked.
Nor can the Company accept responsibility for any loss of or damage to property left on the vehicle after hire. Property found on the vehicle after hire will be held at the vehicle operating base for a maximum period of 30 days. It is the Hirers’ or the passenger’s responsibility to collect the property and any costs incurred to collect the property are to be borne by the Hirer or passenger. Property is to be collected at a time agreed by the Company and the Hirer or passenger.